Friendly, reliable and tidy animal loverID: 8ml
Is / are:
|36 to 45|
|Freelancer academic editor|
|All the United Kingdom (full regions list)|
13 Feb 22 Mar
More information about this house sitterHello!
My name is Cristina and I work as a freelancer editor for academic research papers.
I moved to England from Romania in 2019 for a full-time job and have always wanted to see more of it as I find it a very beautiful country. I have also been missing taking care of and spoiling pets, but because I like to travel quite often, I chose not to have my own again for the time being. Therefore, house-sitting with pets would sit very well with me :) In addition, I will gladly water any plants as required, collect mail and run errands if needed.
I am a very reliable person, highly organised and very tidy. I am also very friendly and positive, while having a strong preference for owning my time as much as possible, which is why I am freelancing.
As a person who spends a lot of time indoors, a home is very important to me and I love to take care of the space I live in, keeping it fresh, clean and ordered and creating a lovely atmosphere for myself and those I may share it with.
I have experience mostly with cats and dogs, but I love all animals. I am a vegetarian and I live a very healthy life-style (no smoking, no drinking, eating organic if possible, doing yoga, Pilates and Reiki, and, most of all, keeping myself in balance and with an ever-learning approach to life).
I can provide excellent references both from my Airbnb hosts (see screenshots attached) and from my friends whose pets I have taken care of throughout the years.
Looking forward to helping you and meeting your lovely pets!
If you wish to know a bit more about me, here are some random facts:
- I decided to go live in another country after visiting Hawaii. I chose cloudy England instead of a tropical location and I am sure I made a great decision
- I speak French (almost fluently) and some Spanish. I’d love to learn German too for the sound of it.
- When I was little, I patiently tamed a parrot and a rabbit
- I think travelling is valuable not so much for the places you get to see, but for how the new experiences created this way change you. In this sense, when house-sitting, I don't really aim to wander all day long, it's more about disrupting my routine and placing myself in new environments
- I have a knack for thinking out of the box, making unusual connections between different pieces of information and coming out with new ideas
- I believe business can be a force for good and I am working towards having my own business
- I am the long-distance ("adoptive") parent of an orphan teen aged 16, with the assistance of the Help One Child Thrive (HOCT) foundation
Anything else you wish to know, please feel free to ask!