More Information****Hi, I am currently available for house sitting in the Dorset/Hampshire/Wiltshire area from June 27th 2019 onwards.***
I am Anna - a single, professional, non-smoking house sitter in my mid-30s, who has been house sitting full time since 2016.
I'm a genuine cat lover who will enjoy spending time with your fur babies and treat them as if they were my own. I grew up with cats, rabbits, chickens and guinea pigs and have had my own pets for most of my adult life.
I am very good at bonding with cats and never met a cat I couldn't love. So if you want someone who will dote on your pet every day of the sit, I could well be the sitter for you.
I know that when you leave your home, pets and worldly possessions with a stranger, you are putting a huge amount of trust in them.
For your peace of mind, I have a current UK police record certificate and New Zealand police clearance certificate (available on request.)
I also have a couple of dozen excellent references from several previous house sits that can be provided upon request.
I am lucky to have an online business that centres around my passions and allows me to be location independent. This means that I work on my laptop from home, from Mon-Fri, and can keep your pet(s) company (and give them lots of attention) - so they won't be left on their own day after day or for long stretches of time.
Being a long time online business owner, I am also highly organised, a good communicator, detail-oriented and self-reliant - these skills are brought to my house sitting role.
Apart from that, I am:
- Kind, caring & attuned
I am a gentle and patient person who will be sensitive to the needs of your animals. I take the time and effort to get to know your pet & bond with them
I will maintain high standards of cleanliness for your home, ensuring that it is handed back to you in the same condition it was in when you left.
- Conscientious & dependable
I bring a high level of commitment and dedication to house sitting. For me, it is not a hobby or just a place to lay my head while I am travelling. It is a serious commitment (like a job), but also an enjoyable one.
- Clean living
I'm a non-smoker & not much of a drinker. I'm quiet and happiest at home with a book and a cat.
I'm also conscientious about respecting your home space and belongings.
I have experience with the following:
- House sitting in a variety of properties throughout the UK and New Zealand, including 4-5 bed houses with big gardens, small apartments/units in cities, townhouses, rural houses and 2 smallholdings.
- Animal care: dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ponies, sheep and chickens
- Looking after and maintaining pools and hot tubs (testing & adding chemicals, backwashing and clearing debris.)
- Gardening: coming from a family of gardeners (previous owners of a garden centre/nursery) - I can tell a weed from a plant & know when your plants need/don't need water. Can dead head and do weeding, look after vegetable gardens, worm farms, lawns, and indoor houseplants.
- Elderly animals (have looked after a brood of 3 x 20 year old cats.)
- Timid pets: my last cat who I had for 3.5 years was a rescue who had been abused and was very nervous. Due to this experience, I am good with animals that are slow to warm up to new people.
- Finding creative solutions to unexpected issues that crop up during house sits
- I am also certified in pet first aid (which I thankfully have not ever needed to use)
I have received training from, and am a member of the House Sitting Academy, a world leading training course for professional house sitters.
Some home owners want me to check in with them regularly and send photos of their beloved pets. I am happy to do this.
In the UK, I house sit in Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire, wherever there is a reliable internet connection. I have my own vehicle. I can almost always visit you and meet your pets to see if we would be a good fit, before the sit is confirmed.
I had been a location independent entrepreneur for nine years by the time I discovered house sitting and wish I had tried it sooner!
House sitting is a rewarding full-time lifestyle for me, combining so many things I love - the company of pets to break up my work life, and the stimulation of experiencing different locations and communities. It also gives me the peace and solitude needed to write for my work and the space to be a home body.
In my spare time, I enjoy reading, walking and cooking.
Before my career in writing and spirituality, I worked as an English teacher (in France and Spain) and I have travelled extensively throughout Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
I would love to hear from you if I sound suitable for your house sitting needs. I enjoy sits in quiet streets in urban/suburban areas, and rural or semi-rural locations. I only do non-smoking house sits.
As I house sit full time, I prefer longer house sits (4 weeks +) to keep this lifestyle sustainable for me and not wear myself out! & I only house sit in Dorset, Hampshire & Wiltshire. Thanks.
My professional website is anna sayce dot com if you would like to find out more about me there.