Writing companion for a dog or catID: 2sn
Is / are:
|26 to 35|
|All the United Kingdom (full regions list)|
I am a textbook writer and language teacher looking for a bit of quieter time to recharge and concentrate on my writing. I love walking, cycling, and exploring small towns and using my National Trust and English Heritage memberships.
Since my childhood, I always had dogs and/or cats. My last dog, cockerdor Lord, joined the London Metropolitan Police in April 2015 as a sniffing dog, and since then I am always happy when an opportunity arises to look after someone else's pets. I have experience of training young dogs and puppies but also caring for elderly dogs and cats. I've looked after deaf and blind dogs and am absolutely astonished by how they manage to still enjoy their lives, trying to be as independent as they possibly can. I can't stop thinking what happens in their minds!
I am 34yo, I don't smoke and don't drink. I am quiet, tidy and considerate. I have quite a public profile, so you can read more about me on the Internet, including references etc, if you google my name.
Apart from writing and teaching, I serve on one the committees at the Society of Authors and have just been nominated to a governing body of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. I'm also working towards becoming a life and cancer coach.
I have a recent police (DBS) check, as I work with children, and can provide references on request.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
1. Ignaty was perfect for us. He looked after our hoarse pending sale after we had already moved, so the facilities were basic to say the least. Nevertheless he was the perfect gentleman. Did not complain, kept the prospective purchasers, surveyor's etc happy and left the house in an excellent state. In fact he was so personable and friendly we almost wished he could stay longer! Couldn't have asked for better. Jane, Bromsgrove, July/August 2017
2. Ignaty sitted my dog Filya (corgi cross) for two weeks. My dog tends to get nervous when left with new people and can do some damage around the house, but it went totally well with Ignaty - no problems at all. When I returned I found my dog well fed, groomed and in good mood. And my home was as clean and tidy as ever, even professional cleaners leave it in worse shape. Ignaty is very trustworthy and attentive, he is easy to reach by phone or whatsup. He loves animals and takes good care of them. And he is super tidy. If I leave again he would be my first choice. Tatiana, London, April 2017
3. Ignaty looked after our 4 bedroom bungalow, two golden doodles, cat and fish for 16 nights across June/July 2107, whilst we travelled abroad.
We had never had a house/pet sitter before so this was all very new to us. That said, it all went incredibly smoothly with absolutely no concerns.
Before Ignaty arrived we had frequent communication, verbal and written, which inspired confidence.
Ignaty arrived the day before we departed so he was able to get some idea of our family routine with the animals. We were surprised and relieved that as soon as Ignaty arrived, the dogs took an instant liking to him – this is very unusual but gave us a really good idea of how ‘chill’ Ignaty is.
Whilst we were away, Ignaty kept in touch, as we had asked, and sent us photo’s and updates via WhatsApp. This gave us the assurances that our animals were all happy and relaxed. Our cat wasn’t 100% when we left and Ignaty kept him in for a while and took extra care of him until he was up and running again.
When we got back, our home was clean and tidy ,our animals happy and healthy and our lawns mown. We could not have asked for more.
Ignaty was honest, conscientious and trustworthy. We didn’t have a formal agreement signed in the end, we simply knew it was not needed.
When Ignaty left, we missed him. Ignaty fitted in so well and was such a pleasure to talk to that it was a shame he had to carry on with his travels so soon.
Jude (Mrs), Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
4. We have been fortunate to have been enjoying the kind care from many TH couples and people for 7 stays now and when I discovered Ignaty we could not have been more happy with how he took over our lives for us. he was careful to keep us in touch with how he settled in to our home and quickly befriended Oscar and sent us the much welcomed photos of him taking over the new lap on the sofa. Ignati has been very neat and tidy, almost invisible when he left as he had to before our return. As a measure of his competence and sense of humour he wrote us a funny and graphic piece about his encounter with one of Oscars occasional trophies... at first the poor little mouse was thought to have met his demise however much to Ignaty's surprise the little fellow woke up and scampered away to the complete disinterest of his captor.. but the challenge of catching and releasing this poor mite back to the countryside did not take long and the panic was over... we have since kept in touch with this interesting man, who seems to adapt extremely easily to his own new situations he finds himself in with TH... we hope he finds many more lovely and interesting places to look after and we can assure you that your home would be in good hands.
Anne & John - Chelmsford
5. It was a pleasure to have Ignaty in our home. He is an extremely safe pair of hands. There is simply nothing we could remotely fault. He visited us before his stay to introduce himself and chat and we felt very comfortable leaving our home, dog and cat for 5 weeks. He was in touch during our trip with photos and messages. Upon our return, the animals were calm and happy and clearly very well looked after and the House was immaculate. We would highly recommend him as a very trusted house sitter.
Alison - Market Harborough
6. Ignaty could not have done better for us. We were new to TrustedHousesitters and he was patient with all the questions we had to help us be confident in welcoming him into our home. When he arrived he fit in easily and made an extra effort to get to know Dolly before left and sent us many photos of their adventures while we were away. We returned home to a spotless home and happy healthy Dolly. He had even taught her some new tricks. We consider Ignaty a friend now and would welcome him back anytime.
Lyndsay - North Luffenham